CHOCOLATE BISCUIT CAKE
Recipe from Odlums
Prep time: 20 mins (plus 2 hours refrigeration to harden)
|275g/10 oz. Butter|
|150ml/¼pt Golden Syrup|
|225g/8 oz. Chocolate (good quality, at least 60% cocoa)|
|½ x 400g packet of Digestive Biscuits, roughly crushed|
|½ x 400g packet of Rich Tea Biscuits, roughly crushed|
- Line a 15cms/6″ round cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a pan, over a low heat melt the butter, syrup and chocolate, mix well.
- Add the biscuits. Stir well.
- Transfer to cake tin.
- Level and press well to avoid air gaps.
- Leave to get cold and hard.
- Wrap in greaseproof paper and store in the fridge