ROCKY ROAD CRUNCH BARS
Recipe from Nigella Express
Makes 24 Bars
Prep time: 20 mins (plus 2 hours refrigeration to harden)
|125 grams soft butter|
|300 grams best-quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) broken into pieces|
|3 tablespoons golden syrup|
|200 grams rich tea biscuits|
|100 grams mini marshmallows|
|2 teaspoons icing sugar (for dusting)|
- Using a heavy-based saucepan, melt butter, chocolate and golden syrup.
- Take out around 125ml / ½ cup of the mixture and put to one side.
- Bash biscuits in a freezer bag with a rolling pin to produce both crumbs and biscuit pieces.
- Fold dry ingredients into the melted mixture in the saucepan, and add the marshmallows.
- Tip into 24cm / 9-inch square foil tray and flatten.
- Pour remaining 125ml / ½ cup of melted mix over the marshmallow mix and smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into fingers and dust with icing sugar using a tea strainer or small sieve.